Monday, July 11, 2011

Potato Packets

A summer staple in our house.  I love these because they are so tasty and easy (yay for no peeling).  And as a bonus you can make them in your oven, on the grill, on a campfire easily.  It is rather versatile.

Potatoes 1 large per person or a few smaller ones (I always make too many for 2 1/2 people)
1 medium onion (I like red)
1-2 tablespoons butter
season salt and pepper
parsley (I use dried)

Slice of the potatoes, about 1/2 inch thick.  You don't want them too many of them too thin or they are too mushy, too thick and they take forever to cook.  Slice the onion then cut the slices in half.

Get out some aluminum foil and sprinkle season salt, pepper, parsley and some of the butter on it, then put the onions and potatoes on it.  Then top it off with some more salt, pepper, parsley and the rest of your butter (alternatively you could spray the foil to help it not stick so much).  Cover with another sheet of foil and then crimp the edges up.  Put it in the grill for about 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are softened.

I like these with steak, chicken, fish but I would eat it alone too they are so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment