Thursday, April 28, 2011

Snow Globe, kind of

I had a bag of baby food jars that I was saving from ages ago but that person who asked for them must have forgotten.  I was going to toss them when I realized that I could probably find some crafting use for them.  One was put to work holding all those tiny colored rubber bands for Sweet Pea's hair.

I got to thinking about how much she loved her Grandma's snow globe that I should make her one. I went to my local cake decorating store and got a few cake toppers pretty cheap.  I cleaned up the glue from the jars. and picked some coordinating glitter colors.


Paint the lids to match the character

I hot glued Diego because he was not sitting flat, Minnie and Dora I used E3000, but use whatever works for you.

When they are dry fill the jar to the top with water and a tiny by of glycerine.  Put the lid on.  You can also glue it on so it stays tight and dry.


 Give em a little shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment