Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mmmm steak!

If I plan to be anything like The Pioneer Woman I've got to get a cast iron skillet.  The other day I was checking out her cooking section and this lovely recipe came up and I knew that I had to make it.  Well the only problem with it is I don't cook stuff in oil and I've only made gravy like once.  So I sucked it up because the recipe seemed fool proof.  I ended up halving the recipe because I'm not feeding 6 people, only 2 1/2.

The easy part was getting the stuff together.

Still not bad breading and egging the steak.  At this point I'm feeling conifdent but a little anxious for the hot oil part.

Sizzling steaks, it worked!

I did not get another picture because Sweet Pea chose this time to hang out in the kitchen so it was enough to get her away form the stove and cook dinner let alone take more pictures.  We had the steaks with gravy (which had a lot left over, biscuits and gravy for this weekend) brussel sprouts and carrots.  Best of all it was really quite cheap and filling.

Now I just need to decide what to make next of hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment