Friday, March 25, 2011

Mmmmm Manicotti

I'm a big fan of pasta dishes particularly if they also have cheese.  I saw this is Martha Stewart's Everyday Food magazine and finally made it.

Here is the recipe from her site.  There is just something about it that makes it seems a bit fancier but it could not be easier to make.

Thaw out the frozen spinach, this took a bit longer than I would have thought so I ended up microwaving it a bit and then squishing the water out.

Then mixed up the ricotta, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and I added a bit of oregano and paprika.

Mix in the spinach.  Put it into the baggie.  Cooked the noodles.  A note on this, I cooked my a couple minutes shorter than the package said and still thought it was too long since some of the noodles ripped easily. For those that ripped I just opened them the rest the way then filled and put them ripped side down.  I had enough filling for another noodle if you are not one to waste.

Then to save myself dishes I used the same bowl from the ricotta and put the jar of sauce (I used the entire thing else it would sit in my fridge and be forgotten) with oregano, some chili powder and cream together.

Ladled it on top and sprinkled it with some more Parmesan cheese.

Why yes it was awesome.  We had it with some peas and carrots and garlic bread (because we needed more carbs).

No comments:

Post a Comment