Saturday, February 5, 2011

Appliquéd shirts

Got a shirt that that is just plain, boring or stained? Well, if you have a child I'm sure you do. This particular shirt is for Valentines' Day.

First I ironed the fabric onto interfacing, then traced the cookie cutter.Cut out the shape then pin onto the shirt.Using a zig zag stitch go around the shape. When you come to corners put the pin down and lift up the foot so that the shape stays in place.And then you are done!
I find cookie cutters are great to get basic shapes, but I also free hand lots of stuff and get images from online. Since it is for personal use only I'm not worried about copyright infringement.

Here are a few I've done on other shirts. I think they are pretty fun to do.
This one had a stain, the image came from Martha Stewart's websiteOwl is a cookie cutter the branch freehand.
Freehand
Cookie cutter with extra embroidery.

No comments:

Post a Comment