Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hand warmers for those snowy cold days

On Monday and Tuesday I have to take Sweet Pea to daycare so that I can get a guaranteed two days out of the house to work. :) Since the weather is quite cold I thought it would be nice to have pocket hand warmers on those cold mornings. I also made a bigger one that I could put at the foot of the bed.

Things you'll need:
Some scraps of fabric. I used some leftover flannel in about a 6x6in
Rice-get the cheap stuff or use leftover

So pin your fabric, right sides together.

Then sew two sides and most of the third don't forget to back stitch. Then turn it right side out. Then fill with rice. I used a funnel and put it over a bowl, it is going to be a bit messy.
Then just sew it closed tucking in the raw edges.And there you go!
Just pop it in the microwave oven for a minute (for little hands) or two for those who can handle the heat. I think next time I made some I would add some dried lavender or rosemary. The rice does have a scent but it isn't bad, it would just be so lovely with some lavender in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment