Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Easy kid lunch

I'm always looking for quick and easy lunches to make for Sweet Pea and me when we are home. Our largest meal of the day is dinner so I try to keep lunch light. I've made this before and it went over well with her so here it is again.

Pasta with Ham and Peas by Nigella Lawson
7 oz pasta
2/3 cup frozen peas
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 1/4 cup diced ham
2 tablespoons crated Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta and after 5 minutes put the peas in the water to boil. Drain and set aside. Put the cream, cheese and ham into the pan and warm through. Add the pasta and peas to the pan, stir together.
I love this lady, I want to be her when I grow up. Also this is a really lovely cookbook!

I made it a bit bigger so we could have lunch tomorrow too. Chopping up the ham, measuring the other stuff, looks good.
I used carrot and peas because I'm always trying to get more veggies in where I can! I love how it looks with the camera steamed up a bit.
I added some pepper and paprika when I was heating the cheese and cream, as I find it need a little bit more of a punch.

The finished product with a bit of cheese on top.
Sweet Pea at almost her whole dish, which is amazing in itself and was not taking small bites at all. In fact when I thought she was done and tried to take the bowl she freaked out on me a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment