Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Confessional: Part One

I do not like sugar cookies, or at least I didn't until I found a great recipe.  I always thought they were bland, boring, dry and hard.  But Alton Brown changed my mind.  Here the the recipe I now use and I think the biggest difference lies in the fact that you roll it out on powdered sugar and cut it thick for soft, delicious cookies!

Here is is resembling pie crust, it is a bit crumbly.  When I is done cooling I like to warm it back up a smidge so it rolls out easier.

The icing is a whole 'nother story.  I like this recipe from Smashed Peas and Carrots (love that blog) because it is simple and the icing gets set up on the top but is still soft on the under part.

I'm still working on learning to decorate better but my daughter and I both love sprinkles so they cover any sins.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment