Monday, February 21, 2011

Crockpot dinners

I really hate coming home from work and having to rush around to make dinner while the little one hangs off me legs asking for stuff, whining, and wanting my attention.  Not that I blame her, it just makes things a little crazy.  The crockpot comes to the rescue in these cases.  And of course in the winter it is like a bonus because usually they are comfort foods cooking away.

Today we had another snow day, I left and attempted to go to work, but the roads were not so very clear and the little one and I turned around and took the day off.  Since I had the roast ready I planned to make today I made it anyway.  I just chopped an onion, the beef was liberally seasoned with salt and pepper then some oregano.  Next came the carrots, potato and celery, a bit of garlic salt and a small can of beef broth. 





 
I think I'll maybe make some rolls or be lazy and give them bread to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment