Monday, February 28, 2011

Homemade Pancake Mix

I discovered this probably 4 years ago and it is amazing in its simplicity.  I usually buy the boxed pancake mix but really I have the stuff for pancakes on hand, I just never knew how to make it.  Nigella to the rescue again!

Pancake Mix --Nigella Lawson
4 cups flour
3 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar

Mix together and store in an airtight container.
I have to keep them separate so that I can remember what I've already put in.  You can see I've added some cinnamon here.  We go through a lot of cinnamon in this house.

Sweet Pea always at the ready to help stir.  She loves to wear an apron.

All set for breakfast.

So to actually make the mix you'll need:
1 cup mix
1 egg
1 cup water
1 tablespoon melted butter

Mix it all together and cook the pancakes.
These pancakes are a little different than what we "Statesiders" think of.  They are bit runnier, thinner but still really lovely, Nigella is British after all, so it stands to reason it would be a bit different.

No comments:

Post a Comment